May 30, 2010

The happy cake

Look what I made yesterday!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I got the recipe from my mother-in-law.Its made from semolina ( that`s the new word I learned today!)and you get the color and flavor with Kool-Aid.I used Step.
Recipe:

You will need:
2 liters of water
1 liter milk
2 packages of instant pudding (vanilla flavored)
2 packages of Step or Kool-Aid (apple or kiwi flavor)
2 packages of Step or Kool-Aid (raspberry or orange flavor)
30 tablespoons of sugar
30 tablespoons of semolina

1.layer:
Heat up 1 liter water with 15 tablespoons of sugar.Wen the water starts to boil,put in the 15 tablespoons of semolina.You need to stir it all the time or it will get lumpy.Add the 2 packages of drink powder (the raspberry or orange flavored) Pour it in a form and wait for it to cool down.I used an oven pan covered with cellophane it wont stick to the sides.
2.layer
Using the milk prepare the instant pudding as the instructions say.Pour it on the first layer and cool it down.
3.layer
Prepare the same as the first layer,using the kiwi or apple flavored drink powder.Pour it on the first and second layer.Put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Decorate the top with whipped cream.

Its really yummy and great for a summer day.And the kids will love it for sure. :)
The recipe was on Hungarian and its translated by me,so forgive me if there are some mistakes.

Violetta

No comments:

Post a Comment